First, I would like to acknowledge that I am consciously alluding to the AlAnon 12 step program. I am not making fun of them or mocking the efficacy or value of their program. I am simply trying to say that facebook is awfully addictive and I would like to take steps (12 or however many steps it is to get out of our "multi media room") to indulge less frequently. For those of you completely baffled and confused, facebook is an online social network through which persons from all over with an internet connection can connect, chat and discuss minutiae or bigger things with their many or few "friends." I have been in touch with people here in Japan (you'd think we'd just go for dinner or something), people in Europe, and old friends and classmates going back to playschool. I spend too much time looking up people and seeing who's doing what and, in short, I'm hooked.
Another unfortunate consequence is that I have been terribly lax in my blog updating and for that, I apologize. I am happy to have finished up a full week of teaching and am very excited about a week off! Hurrah! Alex and I are heading to Pusan for three days and then who knows! Maybe I'll head to Kagoshima, or perhaps Kyoto, it'll be a bit busy because of the holiday, but hey! Week off! Yay!
The cockroaches have been (thankfully) few and far between. Unfortunately I found a rather massive one today and I might have screamed a little. We'll live, really. Oh, and yes, Ramone was our second roachy buddy. He's in a better place now. Like downstairs and not in our apartment.
I hope that your corner of the world is looking good, whether you are heading into spring or fall, just emerging from winter or basking in sunshine. The flowers here are excellent. The kind of things we carefully grow in pots at home grow wild and huge here (geraniums, irises and all sorts of things like that).
Take care!
Joanne
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment