Sunday, December 31, 2006

Things to Think About

So I need a little advice. You see, I am having a lot of fun here in Japan and have decided to stay, but I don't know how to tell all of my friends and well-wishers. I have spent the last week mulling over ideas with Alex and am still worried that it's going to come out all wrong. Should I just blurt it out and hope that people understand? Should I follow Alex's advice and cooly ask for a ride home from the airport...in August? Should I rationalize it by telling everyone that I've found a job instructing introductory yoga and teaching English to youngsters and will be just fine? Should I make New Years resolutions like: learn Japanese, travel more, eat healthier, visit Okinawa...and then have the epiphany that I might just stay? I'm terribly perplexed. But really, all I can ask now that I've decided to stay is that you might just find it in your hearts to be a little excited for me.

Now as for Alex and I, we've been having a blast over the last couple of days. The weather has been sunny and wonderful and we've walked miles around parks and neighborhoods seeing everything from breaking ocean waves to pine forests, to character-filled back alleys and tiny shrines. On our adventures yesterday, we decided to take pictures of blue things. I will post the photos on my blog a little later as they are a bit large for the e-mail. I highly recommend trying something strange like this if you are ever bored or looking to see something differently.

So a happy New Year to all of you! If your send me your addresses I think I might just be sending out a round of cards and things. I miss you all, but am so excited!

Much love,

Joanne

No comments: