Hello All!
Now before you all start cursing me in your heads for the mass email and my inability to keep in touch, let me state for the record that the fates have been against me here in Lloyd and I have had few opportunities to keep in touch. For the first two days, my trailer here in Lloyd was water-free. Yep, not so much as a drop for hand washing or bathing. Fortunately the Alberta government was able to put us up in a hotel and the problem suddenly seemed easier to fix. Hooray! We now have water.
As the week went by, I spent many hours preparing our staff and our facility to receive guests, and waited rather patiently for our largest and most important shipment of pamphlets and maps (rather crucial to the proper running of the place) to arrive. They didn't. That is, until we were open on Friday and busy with guests. Oh the joy.
Lastly, I have learned this week that I may not be able to get a phone line installed in our trailer. Arrrg. The wiring is caput and it will require great amounts of labour and money to repair it. But I'm getting rather used to asking for help from my superiors that I might be able to get it worked out. I'll keep you posted.
Now, some of you may worry a bit about what seems to be a nasty trend of whining coming from my fingers' work here today. This is far from the case! You see, Melodie (my roommate and coworker) have had the pleasure of adopting a cat. Yep, a bonafide Tabby is now shacked up with us and seems to be rather content. Ginger's 3 1/2, cheeky as can be, affectionate and rather gymnastically inclined: she has an uncanny ability to stand on just two legs. So as you can see, life is as excellent as ever as I bask in the joys of co-owning a cat. Though Melodie will be taking her in at the end of the summer, I'm looking forward to spending the next months with such a smarty-pants.
I'd best be on my way, but if you need to get in touch with me, e-mail is always best. For all of you who are far away, stay safe and have a blast. I am for certain and I look forward to sharing stories when you come home.
Love,
Joanne
P.S. I can't believe the Oilers are winning. No Way. This is excellent.
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment